Wednesday, August 8, 2007

PeopleAggregator

I spent a couple of hours this morning fooling around with PeopleAggregator. I managed to set up an account, set up a group (Collective Wisdom), and make a blog post to the group blog. I have not been able, for the life of me, to figure out how to set up a personal blog there or to post to it or to the Community blog.

What is PeopleAggregator? According to its developers, PeopleAggregator has a number of different purposes:

- It is a social networking applicationthat runs at http://www.peopleaggregator.net.
- It is also a do-it-yourself social networking system. You can create your own community at the click of a button - no coding required.
- It is a development platform - the entire source code is available for download (free for charities and non-profits). You can also modify the code, for example to extend the functionality or create a new user interface.
- PeopleAggregator exposes open APIs and supports open standards. So all web applications that support these APIs can seamlessly share data between themselves. We also support open standards like microformats and OpenID.

All very interesting, but not so easy to use. If I figure it out in time to make today's deadline, you can read about it in Learning Solutions come Monday, August 13. But for now, it's not looking like I'm going to get it figured out in time. I'm testing the social network to see if I can get any help.

No comments: